Wednesday 24 March 2010

snAp

A man causes a stir.
Missed train.
Doors closed.
TOO early.
Tearless shouts.
Repetitive biting of his hand.
Shouting of his ailments..
his obsession..
like Rainman
where a missed train means more to he than you or I...

I think of him all day...
and now.
He in his tweed jacket..
his trauma..

how me going with him would have been the wrong way
yet the right way in the burrow of my four chambered
beat
box
I board
mine
and regress
through the wires
of spring bloom-
bOOm...
_______________________

Percussion like a snake's hiss
miss
it as your eyes roll back
of the neck tender
with skin of a peach
in the sky
is the limit
less..
boundless
bounce
between my ears.
i am dots.
he is houndstooth.
palms of precision.
perfection-slick-
reflection
like a lake of onyx
a deep stare of a pupil
grand
piano.
stand
band.
snAp.snAp.snAp.snAp.hiSSSSSss

not even close to the
yester.

i imagine my spinal
cord are his keys.
none of which note-
to unlock
the harmony
of walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment