Tuesday 17 November 2009

brEad and brEath

And there I was. Standing a safe distance behind that line so easy to jump. Eyes closed. breathing- not simply. Counting the pairs of in and ex halation. Up to ten. Repeat. Listening to the sounds. Around. In the hustle-I am calming. Oddly enjoying.

t r a i n w a i t.

In the current of the scent. Black Chai. Tag of knowledge today: Live for each other. I could argue both sides. A whistle awakens my count. I peek. Resume.

Prior I pranced. Not really-but in essence. Rarity of soles I wear. Cracked and loved. Soft leather with a braid. Broken in. Broken down. Spaced out- Nine eyelet hooks. Six eyes. Each side. Twenty six eyes today all together. See. gumsoles. Extinct. Unrepairable. Love sticks amongst every thing else... and I am reminded of her.

Thirty years plus-younger. soles. Souls. Trolls. Me? Unborn. maybe even swimming inside. As she wore. These. Zodiac.

Through the non-short cut I search. I see. Only one windowsill out of several opportunities. Although-they ring vacancy. With each pace. I feel the droop of my left cheek-out of place..

Inner struggle over whether or not to eat my breakfast bread and cheese. Planned on ceasing to eat yesterday. Not entirely. Just cH. Thought. Buy a solution from an infomercial soon... or perhaps attend the nOt-so leisure center I donate to..

Thankfully distracted- I see the comparatively baby trees. Lost leaves. Preparing for new growth. I see a favorite. Most leaves missing-but the highest leaf. Flattering in the wind, I smile for that leaf. I smile for noticing. I smile for the day and the brightness. I smile for the freedom. Most of all, I smile for the bread and cheese.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading about the way you amuse yourself during your commute.

    ReplyDelete