Sunday 29 November 2009

SuNdAy sPlaSH

Walking outside was like magic. Mystic, bright. Cleansing-like that movie moment when all things fall into place... or that first kiss and the rest is history. A slant of drops-gentle and steady. Illuminated as far as marbles roll down hill.. opening up my underneath eye. Sparkles and shine. Glisten. I listen. Peep pops all around. Sizzle of splash.. I want to share this sight. Tiny dino boots stomp-unbendable, gleeful..as me in my steel toes. Double looks. The puddles seem warmer today. Drops tickle my cheeks and bring ease to my wide stride and city beat. Pleasure filled prickles.

Pumpkin pie for starts and my opposite is downward... another with pleasure. Croissant, moist. Coffee, take away.. and a book old. Old. Binding broken and threads free. Pages tanned and brittle.. words beautifully printed, before it was a cinch. I can almost smell the inside from here... Like and antique store, a childhood memory. Orange and green. Peas and carrots.. Harper Lee.. clenched in palms.. To Kill A Mockingbird. Designed well, hand-held. Holding hands through the cover. Hardback.

And that she is... stomping up on bus.. 10 o'clock hour, energy drink in hand.. screaming profanities. Wobbling and stick thin, almost in my lap. I can smell her breath, sadly, and feel her reinforced edges. The experience of behavior. For her, I offer three deep breaths and that illumination that graced me at my doorstep. The sky is grey here. Blackhorse Lane, with her I share.

1 comment: