Saturday 21 November 2009

SaTurDay TuRn bAck (2)

------------------------
This day: June 24, 2009

------------------------------------

What is it about a shoe and a foot, a sole and a stride? Different shapes and variety of size. On speckled floor the tube a sways-supported by our bottoms of two legs-

Styles and shapes similar to a peanut-a pitter patter and tip tap all the way p a s t. I stare, I rumble, I scribble-about-
do they know what I write? That, I doubt. -

A sandal escape, thong of average-a black flat worn to bits, two bits, with a hole like a savage. Wrinkled boots defy the norm. Pin holes in pointies like a swirl of a storm. White socks with black-straps on the go. The bend of flat fancies with peekaboo toe and bow. Metallic and rope like, cork and a cheetah pattern-What one bounces with it-does not matter.

As I walk, I stare, eyes down-nO frown here... So much to see and their clicks to hear and here-Shiny red with a spike and comfortably corporate up ahead-It is the gladiator, for me and the flop of the flip that I dread. Elf like and fun colored, loafer bread brown-Leather and feathered.

Textured, embroidered, suede perhaps? Even a crown. Rubber, studded and striped-It all changes as I glance around.

Straight jacket of shoes-heels with a lace-athletic mixed with sex appeal- a face of grace. An urban alley-Stolen from the bowl-A pigeon's claw and heel in a hole. Travelers with socks and water proof sandals, misery revoked due to his mustache with handles.

Step, I must, in star's delight-green like olives with a canvas fight.

2 comments:

  1. "step in star's delight-green like olives with a canvas fight" or could it be flight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. checked the original entry... it's fight alright. could have been flight, or fright.. but at that moment, fight.

    ReplyDelete