Friday 29 January 2010

buckets

T w e n t y n i n e
Like me. Today. Odd numbers. Times chime to rhyme and ring of stings of unknown. Measures. Denial. Destinations.
Wet.
Like corrugated cardboard in that puddle.. the algae on the tin roof.
The f ears on repeat. Whether to rise.. one said you'll never know.
Orange sky? Not today. Not tomorrow. but a kiss goodbye and a false
w i d e stride.

I carry buckets. I carry buckets. I carry buckets.. like them, but not at all.
Morning buckets on bus. Fumes. Fish. Farm. Fins.
Bags leaking. River map with suspect. Gag. My buckets go up stairs.. sparkling. On the outside. In disguise. Sit. Stare. Blankly as I have been. Unable to do most. Head filled. Refilled. Drilled. Song of a violinist under a bridge in the shade. Shadows. Reflecting. Echoing. Alone.

Shower cap.

Long brelly, suit plus thirty lets me pass. He gives me a gift.. one he didn't know.
Better than wrapped. Better than this and that..
his smile...

today I wear it on my sleeve.
Next to the other shape.

Buckets lighter and heavier at the same time.
Grateful.

Putty chin.

Time to roll..
time for the masquerade.

1 comment: