Sunday 6 December 2009

deLayed dec 4

_____________
This morning: Kind. Grateful. Breaking light. Special needs. Innocent questions. Long time no see-Digibook man. Confirming my deferment to the start.
____________
Last night: (as mentioned last post): Standing central. Red. Approaching the hour. Carriage into pumpkin. We stand-Reminiscing..

Bombarded a man crunches her hand which clenched the pole. He turns-sways. Wobbles. "Sorries". Trips on air.. I hold his arm like tug of war, as his safety.

This is where it all starts. Briefly: He says: semi slobbering, well, not slobbering, but wet lips. You know the kind. Neatly groomed-sUper smiley and eyes loose.. Defragmented words.. his face very close to mine... "I am fffrrrrruuuuuckiiiing pisSSed", he rambles..laughing "and you? If you were pissed you'd have a better time than me"...

What? okay... We ask what he has been doing... "piSSSSSed".... "I love life.. I frrruuuucking lOve life... yOU? We say, more calmly...yes, we love life.. He raises one arm with triumphance..slurring.. again, "I frrrUcking lOve it man!"...He still has one leg and is losing his sense of gravity. Almost landing on laps, people move away. We are cornered, but not minding as we usually would.

Back and forth, he laughs, centimeters away from our faces...we laugh back...entertainment. He says he lives right outside the M-25. What tube stop? His language is his own. He continues, with the noodle arm point.. "If the next stop is purple I'm getting off.. It's fUcking puuuuRRRple... I'm fucking getting off there... PUUUURPLE!!"(there is no such thing as a purple exit or tube line) Smiling, I say okay, and I calmly cheer with him about purple. After all, it is a good color.

I ask him what his favorite thing is in the whole world. "Shagging birds... I love the birds... shAgging birds... " What's your favorite color? "Red...because I love shagging birds"... Okay--- What's your favorite fruit? " A fucking bananaaaaaaaa...you know why?... because you can fUck a fucking banana!!".... I tell him I happen to have a banana and ask if he wants to bend over. Indeed, he says yes. He turns, thrusted his butt back and bends over. wOw. I wished I really had a banana. He goes on and remembers, " I fuCKing pissed... lOve life... give me a hUg... "

We hug him, barely. "You didn't mean that hug at all..pfffft..." Okay, he was right. Perhaps he wasn't as drunk as he seemed. We didn't mean it. Didn't want to get too close either.

The next stop is NOT purple. He doesn't mind. It's his stop. It is our stop too. He stumbles and drools off. Off, thought to perhaps be switching trains...to his destination descriptively far... We see him with slant high stepping-straight legging it out to the footpath. Plastic army man style. He has no clue...but he loves life....and for the sake of him, I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment