Tuesday 15 December 2009

SeVen miNutes SpEnt

Everything is brighter. Shining under these same tubes, like moonlight on that crystal liquid ice. Lake of loveliness. I am a careless love with a coffee song. Same stone-washed across and I scream inside. I wonder. If he knows it's me... It doesn't matter. We are both purple people.

Last minute scribble.. hands full, I travel and daydream of a jazz club. Long cig. Red lips. Heart black. Silk. Martini in a cosmo glass. An old fashioned movie. Handsome star. Black and white. Fuzzy. Scratchy sound. Hip twist...

and I shimmy out. Less abhorrence toward today.

On the return. Seven minute wait. red teeth. A hill unclimbed until this eve. Venturing my way through the Gant cave, I ask him the way. He tells me: trains, not working. Frown. Asks where I need to go. Smirks. I detest the break. Tell. He tries to direct. Points. I say the army ants may know the way forward. Confess my trust in him. Thanks. Go.Walk.Turn. Ask.
Disbelief.
Trains nOt with problems. A touch of anger. A giggle. Mostly gratitude of his lie. Fib. Trick. Emotional range altered. I sit. I see.

"A throne is only a bench covered in velvet"...Bonaparte. I think. I got a text from Dominos today. Modern day heiress.

Velvet doesn't stand a chance.

Seven minutes spent.
I have a smile to end as I did to start.
Still spreading, sleepily...and a long blue velvet sits with a rasta color painted brow.
Impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment